You are here
Psychopharmacology: What You Need to Know Today About Psychiatric Medications in Sterling Heights, Michigan on Jan 8, 2018
"The lecturer was quite engaging, answered all questions asked of her and welcomed all comments. I really appreciate all the many useful resources provided and came away with a much needed update on psychopharmacology Thank-you #PESISeminar" - testimonial from a PESI Healthcare seminar, collected via Facebook
- Neurotransmitters: The theoretical emotional signaling chemicals of the brain
- Antidepressants: How they are thought to work
- Other common antidepressants – and why they are used
- Side effects and risk factors
- Herbals and depression
- Treatment-resistant depression
- What you and your clients should know
- Medicating Bipolar disorder
- Current “gold standard” treatment and side effects
- Anticonvulsant and antipsychotic use in Bipolar disorder
- Anticonvulsant side effects
- Risks of medication non-compliance
- New! Controversial concepts in treating Bipolar spectrum
- Medicating anxiety
- Medications used to treat insomnia
- Using anxiolytics safely
- Side effects of the anxiolytics
- How antipsychotics medications are thought to work
- Conventional antipsychotics
- Second generation agents
- Antipsychotic side effects
- Relapse and non-compliance
- Antidepressants and suicide in children: The real truth
- Medicating anxiety in children
- Disruptive mood dysregulation disorder – the new pediatric bipolar disorder?
- The evolution of psychostimulants
What’s Next: Newly Approved Mental Health Medications
Why choose NurseContinuing.Education? It's simple. We list the expert training you need for your practice and for fulfilling your Nursing ANCC CEUs. We list online courses, live seminars, classes and on-demand training, as well as feature a medical reference bookstore - all taught or produced by experts in their field. We even offer discounts up to 20% on featured training products from our partner organizations.
NurseContinuing.Education offers seminars and courses for continuing medical education courses for Registered Nurses (RNs), Nurse Practitioners (NPs), Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), Certified Nurse Assistants (CNAs), Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVNs), Advance Practice Nurses (APNs), Clinical Nurse Leaders (CNLs), Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNSs), Certified Nurse Midwives (CNMs), Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs), Doctors of Nursing Practice (DNPs) and nursing PHDs. You will find a variety of course topics, formats and sponsoring organizations. Do you represent a sponsoring organization? Not only do we list events, we can help you find the perfect venue or speaker for your class.
Welcome to NurseContinuing.Education.