You are here
Fall Prevention Challenges: Real Solutions to Reduce Falls, Prevent Injuries and Limit Liability in Novi, Michigan on Feb 21, 2018
"The lecturer was quite engaging, answered all questions asked of her and welcomed all comments. I really appreciate all the many useful resources provided and came away with a much needed update on psychopharmacology Thank-you #PESISeminar" - testimonial from a PESI Healthcare seminar, collected via Facebook
- How to Prevent Falls Before They Occur
- Who is likely to fall?
- Which risk factors can we modify?
- Precipitating causes - what to watch for
- Institutional barriers - avoiding 1:1s
- Important implications of co-morbidities
- The benefits of vitamin D
- Fall Risk Assessment
- Current guidelines
- Who should we screen?
- Multi-factorial causes of falls
- Recommended fall risk assessments
- Fall Prevention Strategies
- What works and what does not
- Addressing alarm fatigue
- Avoiding 1:1s
- Effective evidence-based interventions
- Education & assistive devices
- Putting Together a Successful Fall Prevention Program
- Patient specific interventions
- Developing a multidisciplinary program: Roles & responsibilities
- Fall rounds
- Patient Evaluation
- Physical exam
- Evaluation tools (POMA tool, Get up and go test, Functional reach test, Berg balance test, Short physical performance battery)
- Diagnostic tests
- Review of Gait Disorders (video)
- What to do When a Patient Falls: Hands-On Evaluation
- Assess need for immediate medical care
- Evaluate for acute illness/preceding factors
- Communication with caregivers
- Common injuries
- Goals of care
- Difficult Situations
- Frequent fallers - when injury prevention is your goal!
- Anticoagulation risks
- Prolonged time on floor
- What to do when fractures occur
- Head trauma management
- Preventing Risk and Limiting Liability
- Home safety evaluations
- Communication and documentation
- Quality improvement opportunities
- High-risk scenarios: Case studies
- Addressing family concerns with falls
- Managing poor outcomes
- Fall Prevention Plan Development
- Apply what we have learned
- Solutions for your biggest challenges!
Why choose NurseContinuing.Education? It's simple. We list the expert training you need for your practice and for fulfilling your Nursing ANCC CEUs. We list online courses, live seminars, classes and on-demand training, as well as feature a medical reference bookstore - all taught or produced by experts in their field. We even offer discounts up to 20% on featured training products from our partner organizations.
NurseContinuing.Education offers seminars and courses for continuing medical education courses for Registered Nurses (RNs), Nurse Practitioners (NPs), Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), Certified Nurse Assistants (CNAs), Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVNs), Advance Practice Nurses (APNs), Clinical Nurse Leaders (CNLs), Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNSs), Certified Nurse Midwives (CNMs), Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs), Doctors of Nursing Practice (DNPs) and nursing PHDs. You will find a variety of course topics, formats and sponsoring organizations. Do you represent a sponsoring organization? Not only do we list events, we can help you find the perfect venue or speaker for your class.
Welcome to NurseContinuing.Education.