You are here
Perianesthesia Challenges in Bangor, Maine on Feb 7, 2018
"The lecturer was quite engaging, answered all questions asked of her and welcomed all comments. I really appreciate all the many useful resources provided and came away with a much needed update on psychopharmacology Thank-you #PESISeminar" - testimonial from a PESI Healthcare seminar, collected via Facebook
- ANESTHESIA AGENTS & ADJUNCTS - UNDERSTANDING THE PLAN!
- Anesthetics: General, regional, moderate sedation, benzodiazepines, opioids
- Waste gas concerns
- Specific patient challenges
- Malignant Hyperthermia (MH) pathophysiology
- Signs and symptoms - Immediate recognition!
- LAST (Local Anesthetic Systemic Toxicity) pathophysiology
- Signs and symptoms - Know the earliest!
- Learn "why" lipids and hear relevant real life case scenarios!
- Hemodynamic, cardiac, pulmonary, respiratory
- NURSING MALPRACTICE
- How do you prevent this from happening? What you should and shouldn't do!
- Legalities, negligence, and torts
- Documentation – Hear from an expert witness/legal reviewer how your documentation will be viewed and how to improve it!
- ASPAN standards
- PAIN ADMINISTRATION
- What is EBP research showing?
- New medications
- Old medications still being used
- Thinking outside the box
- Economic strategies
- Why do some nurses tell you they LOVE to go to work and others are struggling daily?
- Learn through hands-on applications and role playing from a leader in the field of "building teams"
- Put your hospital at the TOP of the HCAHPS!
- CASE STUDIES AND SCENARIOS!
- Ever wondered why one anesthetic is chosen over another? What about that COPD patient or that patient with liver problems? Answers to these and other challenging anesthesia situations will be discussed
- Have you witnessed or taken care of MH? Do you think it no longer exists or isn't a medical emergency? Think again!
- You are being named in a medical malpractice case! What now?
- What's new on the horizon for pain control?
- Why do some departments sail through the changes in health care without problems?
Why choose NurseContinuing.Education? It's simple. We list the expert training you need for your practice and for fulfilling your Nursing ANCC CEUs. We list online courses, live seminars, classes and on-demand training, as well as feature a medical reference bookstore - all taught or produced by experts in their field. We even offer discounts up to 20% on featured training products from our partner organizations.
NurseContinuing.Education offers seminars and courses for continuing medical education courses for Registered Nurses (RNs), Nurse Practitioners (NPs), Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs), Certified Nurse Assistants (CNAs), Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVNs), Advance Practice Nurses (APNs), Clinical Nurse Leaders (CNLs), Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNSs), Certified Nurse Midwives (CNMs), Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs), Doctors of Nursing Practice (DNPs) and nursing PHDs. You will find a variety of course topics, formats and sponsoring organizations. Do you represent a sponsoring organization? Not only do we list events, we can help you find the perfect venue or speaker for your class.
Welcome to NurseContinuing.Education.